• Works should clearly express the symmetry observed by the artist.
• The artist’s technical expertise should be demonstrated in the work.
• All sizes, media, styles and formats except video will be accepted for consideration.
• Artists may submit up to 3 works for judging.
• Shipped work will be accepted. Artists are
required to supply pre-paid
return shipping labels with accepted work.
• Applications are to be submitted through the online site Entrythingy.com, using the code:
which is a direct link to the SYMMETRY entry form.
Questions or problems with submitting to this site should be sent to Tall Grass at 708.748.3377.
• Works should not have been shown at Tall Grass Gallery in the last 2 years.
• Completed applications, entry fees, and jpeg images must be submitted to
www.EntryThingy.com through this link:
• 2-dimensional work must be wired and ready to hang; no sawtooth hangers please.
• Curator reserves the right to refuse work
that does not meet
the requirements or is considered too fragile for exhibit.
• All work remains on exhibit for the duration of the show.
• All 2D and 3D works that require special installation procedures
must be installed by the artists themselves.
• Unless requested otherwise by the artist, permission is given to Tall Grass to use
any images of exhibited work for publicity or educational purposes.
FEES AND COMMISSION
• A non-refundable entry fee of $25 for up to three entries must accompany
the entry form at the time of submission.
• The gallery retains a 30% commission from any sales of work during the exhibit.
• Work may be marked NFS.
• Awards will be given for First, Second and Third Place, and for three Honorable Mentions.
• Curator for the exhibit is Andrea Fox, artist, art educator,
Tall Grass Gallery Committee member.
- Exhibit dates: March 14 – April 18, 2020
- Deadline for entries: December14, 2019
- Email Notification of acceptance: January 18, 2020
- Delivery of accepted entries: March 1-4, 2020
- Opening Reception for exhibit: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 1-3pm
- Final day of exhibit on view: April 18, 2020
- Dates for pick-up of exhibited work: April 19, 20, 21
ENTRY FORMS AND ARTWORK LABELS
• All submissions must have a completed entry form and entry fee, submitted through
• All accepted artists will be sent exhibit labels that should be attached to
the backs of works before delivery.
Tall Grass Arts Association | 367 Artists Walk, Park Forest, IL 60466
708-748-3377 | www.tallgrassarts.org